Back Pain Remedy Exercises
Back pain is quiet a common problem. Every person would have faced it or will face it at some point in her/his life. Most of the time this can be managed by following simple back care and back exercises. Back pain can be divided into upper back pain and lower back pain. Low back pain is more common than upper back pain due to constant bending activities of our day to day activities.
If there is an acute muscle cache in your low back region ( e.g. heavy sneeze or carrying a bucket of water or lifting a heavy suitcase )one has to lie down flat with one or two pillows under the knee and rest the low back region. Once the discomfort has settled a little then one can apply cold pack, muscle relaxant, pain ointment or spray and also take pain/muscle relaxant medications. From the time of onset of the pain one has to follow strict back care instructions.
Exercises in Lying position (Lie on your back )
- Bend your knees and keep your hands on your tummy and do a relaxed breathing exercises where when you blow out the tummy should come up and as you inhale tummy should sink in for relaxation.
- In position 1 press your low back region, tilt your pelvis backwards and tighten your tummy and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Above exercise with one arm lifting and lowering while pressing the low back region.
- In position 1, both arms lifting and lowering while pressing the low back region.
- In position 1, one hip bending while pressing the low back region.
- In position 1, the other hip bending while pressing the low back region.
- In position 1, straighten one knee and lower while pressing the low back region.
- In position 1, straighten the other knee while pressing the low back region
Exercises in Tummy lying (Lie on your tummy)
- Head lifting
- Head and shoulders lifting
- One leg lifting
- Other leg lifting
- Head, shoulder and one leg lifting together
- Head, shoulders and the other leg lifting together.
Exercises in sitting position
- In sitting position, tilt your pelvis and tighten your tummy
- Above exercise , with one arm lifting
- Above exercise with both the arms lifting
- Above exercises with one hip bending
- Above exercises with the other hip bending
Exercises in standing position
- Keep your hands on the low back and arch your upper body backwards
- Stand on your toes for 5 seconds
- Tilt your pelvis
- Above exercise with one arm lifting
- Above exercise with the other arm lifting
- Above exercise with one hip bending
- Above exercise with the other hip bending
Start the above exercises one by one 5 times each and gradually progress to 5 to 30 repetitions.