Hospice Care – Care for the Terminally ill
Hospice is a type and a philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a terminally ill patient’s symptoms, which can be physical, emotional, spiritual or social in nature. The primary goals of hospice care are to provide comfort, relieve physical, emotional, and spiritual suffering, and promote the dignity of terminally ill persons.
This can be provided through pain and symptom management of end stage disease processes; psychological, spiritual, and culturally sensitive care of patients and their families. Qualified and trained staff in this field provide sensitive care and pain relief to patients in the final stages of life. They protect patients from unnecessary, painful therapies, and often provide care at home, in order to maximize meaningful time patients can spend with family and loved ones.
India Home Health Care, offers highly trained and qualified personnel to provide end of life care for terminally ill patients.
What are the benefits that IHHC brings to the patient and family through its hospice care?
1. Patient’s physical needs are met
2. Patient is taken care of in an environment that is pleasant and comfortable in the final stages of life
3. Patient is counseled on the fear of death and how to overcome it
4. Patients are provided with the dignity that they deserve at the end stage of life.
5. Family has the support to cope with the death of their loved one through the nursing team