TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR HEALTH – A Note to Mothers & Adolescent Girls
Adorable age from 10 to 19 contributes to this period. Lot of question arises as the bodily changes are taking place. Menstrual pain, menstrual irregularities, anemia, bone health, sports injuries, anorexia are some of the health related issues which mothers and daughters should be aware of.
1. Menstrual pain can be addressed by taking hot-water bag to the lower tummy region and doing simple exercises like deep breathing, forward bending and hip bending exercises to increase the blood circulation to the uterine region
2. Menstrual irregularities may be temporary but with proper nutrition and a professional help these girls can outgrow this issue and can regain normal flow
3. Food rich in iron like dates, spinach, apple, pomegranate, seafood, raisins, green beans, peanuts, eggs, drumstick coriander etc. will prevent the growing girls from anemic condition
4. Food rich in calcium like milk, other dairy products, oranges, almonds, broccoli, spinach etc. will strengthen their bones. Good exercise and good nutrition is very much essential for adolescent girls to prevent osteoporosis later on in their life
5. Sports injuries like sprain and strain are quiet common. With proper stretching and strengthening exercises these girls can recover in no time
6. Anorexia is an eating disorder in which an adolescent girl thinks she is too fat and avoids eating in order to lose weight. With proper counseling and diet plan this can be fixed easily.