There are many benefits to having a professionally trained nursing aide or caregiver at home – whether you are recovering from a hospital stay, a serious illness or just feel the need for a 24/7 live-in companion at your side. This is especially true of older adults who wish to remain in the comfort of their own homes. Aside from the fact that patients recover much better, and faster, at home – the risk of infection is lower and chances of readmission to the hospital are also minimized.
Generally speaking, professional home health care services include a broad range of care and support services for individuals recovering from a hospital stay, are disabled, chronically or terminally-ill.. Patients who need medical, nursing, social, or therapeutic treatment or assistance with the essential activities of daily living.
The advantages of using home health care nursing services:
For aging adults, injured and sick individuals, or people with special needs, having 24/7home health care can be transformative and life-changing.When a helpful and knowledgeable professional takes on the responsibility of 24/7 care for an individual, people who couldn’t imagine living with a non-family member, suddenly can’t even think of life without the person whom they have grown to trust and rely on.
Home health care nursing professionals and live-in caregivers are caring, compassionate, knowledgeable and experienced. They are specially trained to provide support for people who might need help with daily living. These might range from assisting with bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, basic exercise, preparing healthy meals for the patient or elders and ensuring that all nutritional needs are met.
A home health care nursing aide can also ensure that medications are taken as prescribed, assuaging the fear of overdosing, or missing medicines that may be critical to controlling chronic conditions.Since live-in caregivers are there all the time, they are also most likely to notice small changes in their client’s condition and prevent it from becoming more serious. This kind of proactive supervision can prevent unnecessary hospitalizations. Most home healthcare nursing aides or live-in companions can help with:
- Elders who have ongoing health problems, but who want to maintain their independence in their homes
- Patients recovering from surgery at home, and need care, supervision and assistance
- People who are undergoing complicated treatment that requires the use of medical equipment and/or medication monitoring
- Adult children who want their elderly parents to have quality elder care at home
- People suffering chronic diseases and disabilities, who need careful monitoring and skilled nursing supervision but do not want to enter a nursing home or palliative care facility
- Helping with rehabilitation therapies
- Feeding tube insertion and changing
- Infusion therapies
- Pain management
- Home safety instructions
- Hygienic practices at home